The COVID-19 pandemic has forced many businesses to adopt remote work policies. This has led to an increase in the use of virtual private networks – also commonly known as VPNs. A VPN can provide a number of benefits for remote workers, including increased security, privacy, and access to blocked websites and content. Many businesses offer VPN setup as part of their hosted IT service.
What is a VPN?
A VPN is a secure connection that encrypts your data and routes it through a server in another location. This makes it appear as if you are connecting to the internet from that location, rather than your actual location. VPNs can be used to protect your privacy, access region specific content, and improve your security when working from home.
Benefits of Using a VPN When Working From Home
There are a number of benefits to using a VPN when working from home. The benefits of utilising this hosted IT service includes:
– A VPN helps to protect your data from hackers and other malicious behaviours. Your data is encrypted when you connect to a VPN, making it much more difficult for it to be intercepted. This protects your business information – such as financial information or passwords – from landing in the wrong hands.
– A VPN protects your privacy by masking your IP address. This means that your real location will be hidden from websites and other online services, and that your browsing history and traffic remains private.
Access to Region Specific Websites and Content
– A VPN can be used to access websites and content that is restricted in your region. This is because a VPN routes your traffic through a server in another location, which can bypass certain restrictions. It is however important to always make sure that the content is legal for you to access first.
Improved Flexibility for Your Workforce
– One of the main reasons to opt for a VPN in today’s technological world is that it allows for workers to log on safely from anywhere in the world. The pandemic changed the working world forever and flexible working is more common than ever. A VPN ensures your business is up to date and ahead of the curve.
Reduced Risk of Malware Infection
– A VPN can help to protect you from malware infections by encrypting your traffic and preventing hackers from injecting malicious code into your devices.
Get IT Support for Your Flexible Working
If you are a remote worker, then using a VPN can provide a number of benefits. These benefits include increased security, privacy, access to regionally specific content and improved performance. If you are considering using a VPN, then be sure to do your research and choose a reputable provider such as Bluebell IT.
Our team provides exceptional support in our remote and working from home package. This hosted IT service helps your businesses remain up to date with the change in working habits and gives your employees added flexibility and a better work life balance.
Contact Bluebell IT today to find out more about our hosted IT services.